The family owned and operated Scarponi-Bright Funeral Home, Inc. was originally owned by John Brokaw and it was operated as The Brokaw Funeral Home. It was later purchased by Ernest A. Bright, Jr. after his return from World War II in 1947. Mr. Bright later changed the name to Bright's Colonial Funeral Home and constructed a facility at the present location in 1959.
The Funeral Director, Vincent Scarponi, served his internship at this funeral home from 1974 to 1977. He later purchased the funeral home in September of 1978, following the death of Mr. Bright. It was not until 1993 that Mr. Scarponi added his name, making it Scarponi-Bright Funeral Home, Inc.